More From Epicurus
- "If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another."
- "Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship."
- "You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."
More In Men
- "It is not materialism that is the chief curse of the world, as pastors teach, but idealism. Men get into trouble by taking their visions and hallucinations too seriously."― H. L. Mencken
- "The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn’t for any religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin."― Jay Leno
- "I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don’t trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it."― Charles Dickens