More From Eliot Spitzer
- "The irony is that it was tougher to rent a car from Cerberus when it owned Alamo than to buy a semi-automatic. To rent a car, one had to provide ID, a drivers’ license, and get insurance coverage. To buy a gun? Cash and carry, from the back of a station wagon at a gun show. No concerns about downstream liability or risk."
- "Companies that pollute should be taxed so that a product’s cost to society is reflected in the price of that product."
- "In politics you learn to always smile."
More In Politics
- "The tax issue is the most powerful issue in American politics going back to the Tea Party. People say, ‘Oh, Grover Norquist has power.’ No. Grover Norquist and Americans for Tax Reform focus on the tax issue. The tax issue is a powerful issue."― Grover Norquist
- "I tend to avoid televisions, politics, and places with velvet ropes."― Demetri Martin
- "There has been a shift to what may be defined as a culture of negativity which goes well beyond coverage of politics."― Alastair Campbell