More From Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun; as we see that the shadows, which are at morning and evening so large, almost entirely disappear at midday."
- "The giving of love is an education in itself."
- "Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water!"
More In Happiness
- "From their teenage years on, children are considerably more capable of causing parents unhappiness than bringing them happiness. That is one reason parents who rely on their children for happiness make both their children and themselves miserable."― Dennis Prager
- "All people desire what they believe will make them happy. If a person is not full of desire for God, we can only conclude that he is engaged with another happiness."― William Law
- "My mother was a public school teacher in Virginia, and we didn’t have any money, we just survived on happiness, on being a happy family."― Dave Grohl