More From Marian Wright Edelman
- "Being considerate of others will take your children further in life than any college degree."
- "Education is a precondition to survival in America today."
- "The Declaration of Independence was always our vision of who we wanted to be, our ideal of freedom and justice, how we were going to be different, and what the American experiment was going to be about."
More In Happiness
- "We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery."― Charlie Chaplin
- "When you’re happy you find pure joy in your life. There are no regrets in this state of happiness – and that’s a goal worth striving for in all areas of your life."― Suze Orman
- "Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man’s happiness really lies in contentment."― Mahatma Gandhi