More From E. B. White
- "Writing is hard work and bad for the health."
- "The terror of the atom age is not the violence of the new power but the speed of man’s adjustment to it, the speed of his acceptance."
- "English usage is sometimes more than mere taste, judgment and education – sometimes it’s sheer luck, like getting across the street."
More In Great
- "The most characteristic mark of a great mind is to choose some one important object, and pursue it for life."― Anna Letitia Barbauld
- "I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls."― Henry David Thoreau
- "To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater."― Bono