More From E. B. White
- "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."
- "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it."
More In Funny
- "My father was always a straight-up funny guy. He was silly. He was my inspiration."― Mike Myers
- "I wasn’t the best in my class at the Royal Academy. There was a really good soprano and baritone who were technically better and are doing really well in opera now. But I was definitely the best mezzo-soprano in my class, because I was the only one of those!"― Katherine Jenkins
- "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."― Douglas Adams