More From Donald Knuth
- "Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do."
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."
- "People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise the programs they write will be pretty weird."
More In Science
- "We would be in a nasty position indeed if empirical science were the only kind of science possible."― Edmund Husserl
- "You cannot be politically correct in a war."― Rupert Everett
- "Science in the modern world has many uses; its chief use, however, is to provide long words to cover the errors of the rich."― Gilbert K. Chesterton