More From Donald Knuth
- "People think that computer science is the art of geniuses but the actual reality is the opposite, just many people doing things that build on eachother, like a wall of mini stones."
- "I currently use Ubuntu Linux, on a standalone laptop – it has no Internet connection. I occasionally carry flash memory drives between this machine and the Macs that I use for network surfing and graphics; but I trust my family jewels only to Linux."
- "I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one’s contributions to computer science."
More In Computers
- "Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog."― Doug Larson
- "Modem science, then, maintains on the one hand that nature, both organic and inorganic, strives towards a state of order and that man’s actions are governed by the same tendency."― Rudolf Arnheim
- "People don’t understand computers. Computers are magical boxes that do things. People believe what computers tell them."― Bruce Schneier