More From Dolly Parton
- "I just kind of wake up with a new idea and new dreams every day, and I follow that dream, as they say."
- "I do remember how it was to be poor. I do remember that in my early years, we had to grow and raise all of our food, even our animals. And I remember in my early life, we didn’t even have electricity. So it was very, very hard times then."
- "I’m gonna be making records anyway, even if I had to sell ’em out of the trunk of my car. I’m that kind of musician and singer."
More In Attitude
- "In the late ’70s, maybe just before I started, there was still an attitude that if you did film you didn’t do TV and vice versa, but that’s gone now."― Robert Carlyle
- "What has happened is that to some degree they have taken an attitude where they don’t listen to demos of diverse subject matters. They’re looking for demos like the record the guy on the left just did."― Grandmaster Flash
- "Jazz in itself is not struggling. That is, the music itself is not struggling… It’s the attitude that’s in trouble. My plays insist that we should not forget or toss away our history."― August Wilson