More From Diane Wakoski
- "I think that great poetry is the most interesting and complex use of the poet’s language at that point in history, and so it’s even more exciting when you read a poet like Yeats, almost 100 years old now, and you think that perhaps no one can really top that."
- "I don’t like political poetry, and I don’t write it. If this question was pointing towards that, I think it is missing the point of the American tradition, which is always apolitical, even when the poetry comes out of politically active writers."
- "But I am not political in the current events sense, and I have never wanted anyone to read my poetry that way."
More In Attitude
- "Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy."― Khalil Gibran
- "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."― Winston Churchill
- "The purely agitation attitude is not good enough for a detailed consideration of a subject."― Michael Korda