More From Diane Wakoski
- "I definitely wish to distinguish American poetry from British or other English language poetry."
- "I don’t like political poetry, and I don’t write it. If this question was pointing towards that, I think it is missing the point of the American tradition, which is always apolitical, even when the poetry comes out of politically active writers."
- "I think that great poetry is the most interesting and complex use of the poet’s language at that point in history, and so it’s even more exciting when you read a poet like Yeats, almost 100 years old now, and you think that perhaps no one can really top that."
More In Attitude
- "Black Consciousness is an attitude of the mind and a way of life, the most positive call to emanate from the black world for a long time."― Steven Biko
- "I believe that people would be alive today if there were a death penalty."― Nancy Reagan
- "Listen, whatever makes the movie better. That’s the attitude you have to have."― Joseph Kosinski