More From Diane Wakoski
- "Distinctly American poetry is usually written in the context of one’s geographic landscape, sometimes out of one’s cultural myths, and often with reference to gender and race or ethnic origins."
- "Still, language is resilient, and poetry when it is pressured simply goes underground."
- "PC stuff just lowers the general acceptance of good work and replaces it with bogus poetry that celebrates values that in themselves are probably quite worthy."
More In Attitude
- "Today’s youth are told to get rich or die trying and they really shouldn’t take that attitude forward with them."― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- "The tree of liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."― Lyn Nofziger
- "Americans have always had an ambivalent attitude toward intelligence. When they feel threatened, they want a lot of it, and when they don’t, they regard the whole thing as somewhat immoral."― Vernon A. Walters