More From Diane Wakoski
- "High and low culture come together in all Post Modern art, and American poetry is not excluded from this."
- "I have always wanted what I have now come to call the voice of personal narrative. That has always been the appealing voice in poetry. It started for me lyrically in Shakespeare’s sonnets."
- "I think that great poetry is the most interesting and complex use of the poet’s language at that point in history, and so it’s even more exciting when you read a poet like Yeats, almost 100 years old now, and you think that perhaps no one can really top that."
More In Attitude
- "I’ve reached a point in my life where it’s the little things that matter… I was always a rebel and probably could have got much farther had I changed my attitude. But when you think about it, I got pretty far without changing attitudes. I’m happier with that."― Veronica Lake
- "For being different, it’s easy. Bur to be unique, it’s a complicated. (Lady Gaga)"― Lady Gaga
- "I fell in love with Erica Kane the summer before my freshman year of high school. Like all red-blooded teen American boys, I’d come home from water polo practice and eat a box of Entenmann’s Pop’Ems donut holes in front of the TV while obsessively fawning over ‘All My Children’ and Erica, her clothes, and her narcissistic attitude."― Andy Cohen