More From Diane Wakoski
- "But I am not political in the current events sense, and I have never wanted anyone to read my poetry that way."
- "I think that great poetry is the most interesting and complex use of the poet’s language at that point in history, and so it’s even more exciting when you read a poet like Yeats, almost 100 years old now, and you think that perhaps no one can really top that."
- "Still, language is resilient, and poetry when it is pressured simply goes underground."
More In Attitude
- "People think, ‘She’s a model. She must have such an attitude. She must be so stuck up.’ But I’m normal. I cry. I’m not rich. I drive a 1987 Chevrolet Celebrity."― Summer Altice
- "It really was hand-to-mouth and you can say, ‘Poor little me, how dreadful, what a deprived childhood’, but I didn’t feel that way at all. It’s all about the attitude at home."― Carol Vorderman
- "Even as a little child, I’ve always had that comedian kind of attitude."― Etta James