More From Dennis Prager
- "Opponents of capital punishment argue that the state has no right to take a murderer’s life. Apparently, one fact that abolitionists forget or overlook is that the state is acting not only on behalf of society, but also on behalf of the murdered person and the murdered person’s family."
- "Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people."
- "From their teenage years on, children are considerably more capable of causing parents unhappiness than bringing them happiness. That is one reason parents who rely on their children for happiness make both their children and themselves miserable."
More In Happiness
- "Opinions are made to be changed – or how is truth to be got at?"― Lord Byron
- "I have a theory that the secret of marital happiness is simple: drink in different pubs to your other half."― Jilly Cooper
- "What can be added to the happiness of a man who is in health, out of debt, and has a clear conscience?"― Adam Smith