More From Dennis Prager
- "Opponents of capital punishment argue that the state has no right to take a murderer’s life. Apparently, one fact that abolitionists forget or overlook is that the state is acting not only on behalf of society, but also on behalf of the murdered person and the murdered person’s family."
- "For all of higher civilization’s recorded history, becoming a man was defined overwhelmingly as taking responsibility for a family."
- "Most young people have tremendous respect for older people’s views."
More In Happiness
- "I admit I can’t shake the idea that there is virtue in suffering, that there is a sort of psychic economy, whereby if you embrace success, happiness and comfort, these things have to be paid for."― Hugh Laurie
- "Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."― Fiona Shaw
- "Virtue is simply happiness, and happiness is a by-product of function. You are happy when you are functioning."― William Burroughs