More From Debra Winger
- "People who make lots of money at what they do should just shut up about it."
- "If I could have one prayer answered, I would pray for patience. I move so fast sometimes. I try to slow down."
- "When I was younger I probably didn’t understand something basic about tact, but I think it kept faint-hearted people at arm’s distance and that’s not such a bad thing, because life is short and I know the kind of people I want to work with."
More In Family
- "We were like a white family from the 1920s or something. My parents had this bizarre, different way of looking at things from the people that surrounded us. I went to an all-Mexican grade school and an all-black high school, and not many people in those places liked the same stuff as me."― Jack White
- "When I remember my family, I always remember their backs. They were always indignantly leaving places."― John Cheever
- "In my family in particular, I think, there was a sense we have to work twice as hard."― Caroline Kennedy