More From Debra Winger
- "I had a very insightful friend who warned me back when I stopped reading scripts, ‘It’s easier to change directions while you’re still moving.’ If you stop, it’s harder to get started again. I still don’t think I made the wrong decision, but he was right."
- "I hope to find the roles that are age appropriate but not yearning to be younger, or parenting ad nauseam."
- "I always loved working as an actress, but I didn’t understand why I couldn’t just opt out of being famous. And then I realized you can, and I think I did. And eventually, I came to understand that you can do that and also keep working."
More In Age
- "Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed; pay the price and it is yours."― Orison Swett Marden
- "I’m a pretty big dork. It’s crazy. I’m one of those people who grew up with all kinds of musicals, but I was right at that age where ‘Rent’ was a big deal for me and for my friends."― Anna Kendrick
- "The age of a woman doesn’t mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles."― Ralph Waldo Emerson