More From David Rockefeller
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
- "I owe much to mother. She had an expert’s understanding, but also approached art emotionally."
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
More In Nature
- "To make a love story, you need a couple of young people, but to reflect on the nature of love, you’re better off with old ones. That is a fact of life and literature – and of the novel ever since it fell in love with love in the 18th century."― James Buchan
- "Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual. I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities."― Lauryn Hill
- "Our ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature."― Arthur Conan Doyle