More From David Rockefeller
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
- "My grandfather, along with Carnegie, was a pioneer in philanthropy, which my father then practiced on a very large scale."
More In Nature
- "The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."― William James
- "There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder."― Alfred Austin
- "Man masters nature not by force but by understanding. This is why science has succeeded where magic failed: because it has looked for no spell to cast over nature."― Jacob Bronowski