More From David Rockefeller
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
- "I believe that government is the servant of the people and not their master."
More In Art
- "All art is autobiographical. The pearl is the oyster’s autobiography."― Federico Fellini
- "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."― Paul Klee
- "A country like Belgium, or socialist countries in central Europe spend more money on art education than the United States, which is a really puzzling thought."― Mikhail Baryshnikov