More From David Mamet
- "I’m not the guy to ask about politics. I’m a gag writer."
- "I always thought the real violence in Hollywood isn’t what’s on the screen. It’s what you have to do to raise the money."
- "The product of the artist has become less important than the fact of the artist. We wish to absorb this person. We wish to devour someone who has experienced the tragic. In our society this person is much more important than anything he might create."
More In Business
- "I know I did the right thing by taking time off to raise my son. But it also came at a price. I turned down many opportunities over the years because I didn’t want to leave him for long periods of time. And in Hollywood, as in any business, the calls stop coming when you don’t answer."― Arsenio Hall
- "I’ve always wanted to be the best in the world as a baseball player, so when I started to think about opening a business, it was with that mindset."― Curt Schilling
- "The purpose of a business is to create a customer."― Peter Drucker