More From David Mamet
- "The product of the artist has become less important than the fact of the artist. We wish to absorb this person. We wish to devour someone who has experienced the tragic. In our society this person is much more important than anything he might create."
- "You know, young actors say all the time, ‘Should I use my own life experience?’ And my response is, ‘What choice do you have?’"
- "I’m not the guy to ask about politics. I’m a gag writer."
More In Business
- "If a man’s character is to be abused there’s nobody like a relative to do the business."― Alexander Pope
- "Like dogs in a wheel, birds in a cage, or squirrels in a chain, ambitious men still climb and climb, with great labor, and incessant anxiety, but never reach the top."― Robert Brault
- "If I were running to be somebody, there are a lot of easier sombodies to be. After all, running against the incumbent governor of your own party in your home state is not the next logical step in a political life."― Marco Rubio