More From David Mamet
- "Art and mass entertainment and propaganda, they can all be plotted on the same graph, but there is a difference."
- "There’s nothing in the world more silent than the telephone the morning after everybody pans your play. It won’t ring from room service; your mother won’t be calling you. If the phone has not rung by 8 in the morning, you’re dead."
- "In practice we, in the world, must do business with each other."
More In Religion
- "It is the test of a good religion whether you can joke about it."― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "Most modern science fiction went to school on ‘Dune.’ Even ‘Harry Potter’ with its ‘boy protagonist who has not yet grown into his destiny’ shares a common theme. When I read it for the first time, I felt like I had learned another language, mastered a new culture, adopted a new religion."― Gary Ross
- "Just because you put higher-octane gasoline in your car doesn’t mean you can break the speed limit. The speed limit’s still 65."― Neil Sheehan