More From Damian Lewis
- "You know, this idea of going around the world imposing democracy by growing a middle-class, a trading merchant class that is independent of your faith, is a good notion, but we’re all partially different – it’s no good imposing systems on people that it doesn’t suit."
- "Acting can be a narrow and isolated experience, because you only examine your particular part."
- "I’m not an American, but I have this weird connection to America in different ways through my dad living here for five years, my godfather being an American who I’m very close to."
More In Success
- "Our film examines the heroism, courage and prowess of the Soviet submarine force in ways never seen before."― Kathryn Bigelow
- "Audience response to The Man From U.N.C.L.E. back in the ’60s – well, I was frankly surprised by the show’s success and the attendant publicity for David and myself."― Robert Vaughn
- "Creative risk taking is essential to success in any goal where the stakes are high. Thoughtless risks are destructive, of course, but perhaps even more wasteful is thoughtless caution which prompts inaction and promotes failure to seize opportunity."― Gary Ryan Blair