More From Christopher Hitchens
- "Religion is compulsory in English schools, you know."
- "I don’t think Romney is wacky at all, but religion makes intelligent people say and do wacky things, believe and affirm crazy things. Left on his own, Romney would never have said something like the Garden Of Eden was in Missouri, and will be again."
- "Well, to the people who pray for me to not only have an agonising death, but then be reborn to have an agonising and horrible eternal life of torture, I say, ‘Well, good on you. See you there.’"
More In Education
- "A postsecondary education is the ticket to economic success in America."― Arne Duncan
- "I learned a lot from that first record and I learned a lot from my experiences touring, but really the biggest education I got over the past two years was learning the importance of arrangements."― Vanessa Carlton
- "Sixty years ago I knew everything; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."― Will Durant