More From Charles Kingsley
- "Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth."
- "Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know."
- "He was one of those men who possess almost every gift, except the gift of the power to use them."
More In Best
- "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."― Jerome K. Jerome
- "If it does not serve the Iraqi people, there are only political means that must be followed to reform the government – a new government that we must give a chance to prove that it is there to serve the people."― Muqtada al Sadr
- "No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by argument or emotional appeal."― Marilyn Ferguson