More From Charles Kingsley
- "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting."
- "There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."
- "Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know."
More In Best
- "Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people."― Fred Rogers
- "Diligence is the mother of good fortune, and idleness, its opposite, never brought a man to the goal of any of his best wishes."― Miguel de Cervantes
- "What was really funny is that as I got older all those guys who called me a sissy in junior high school wanted me to be their best friend because they wanted to meet all the girls that I knew in figure skating."― Scott Hamilton