More From Charles Horton Cooley
- "The imaginations which people have of one another are the solid facts of society."
- "To get away from one’s working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one’s self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change."
- "So far as discipline is concerned, freedom means not its absence but the use of higher and more rational forms as contrasted with those that are lower or less rational."
More In Imagination
- "We chose more freedom instead of more government. We chose the principles of our founding to solve the challenges of our time. We chose a special man to lead us in a special time. We chose Mitt Romney to lead our nation."― Marco Rubio
- "There’s no environment. Use your imagination. There’s no fourth wall, whether it’s the first time you’ve told this story about her life, or the sixth time."― Jill Clayburgh
- "The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity… and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself."― William Blake