More From Charles Horton Cooley
- "Every general increase of freedom is accompanied by some degeneracy, attributable to the same causes as the freedom."
- "To get away from one’s working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one’s self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change."
- "An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one."
More In Imagination
- "It always amuses me that the biggest praise for my work comes for the imagination, while the truth is that there’s not a single line in all my work that does not have a basis in reality. The problem is that Caribbean reality resembles the wildest imagination."― Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- "I grew up in the ’80s where there’s a lot of these kind of post-apocalyptic, post-comet, post-whatever it was, so that always captured my imagination a lot as a little kid, that idea of getting access to secret places and being able to roam around where you’re not supposed to."― Gillian Flynn
- "I think you have to be a little bit strict. You can’t be friend and their parent in a lot of situations, especially in this day and age where it’s so dangerous for kids. So there’s a bit of sternness, I guess, in the way I raise my kids."― Tim McGraw