More From Chaim Potok
- "But today we become aware of other readings of the human experience very quickly because of the media and the speed with which people travel the planet."
- "And these two elements are at odds with one another because Freud is utterly adversary to almost all the ways of structuring the human experience found in Western religions. No Western religion can countenance Freud’s view of man."
- "A book is sent out into the world, and there is no way of fully anticipating the responses it will elicit. Consider the responses called forth by the Bible, Homer, Shakespeare – let alone contemporary poetry or a modern novel."
More In Experience
- "For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one."― Khalil Gibran
- "It’s good to experience Hollywood in short bursts, I guess. Little snippets. I don’t think I can handle being here all the time, it’s pretty nutty."― Johnny Depp
- "We need to make sure that there’s art in the school. Why? Why should art be in the school? Because if art isn’t in a school, then a guy like Steve Jobs doesn’t get a chance to really express himself because in order for art to meet technology, you need art."― LL Cool J