More From Chaim Potok
- "A book is sent out into the world, and there is no way of fully anticipating the responses it will elicit. Consider the responses called forth by the Bible, Homer, Shakespeare – let alone contemporary poetry or a modern novel."
- "And these two elements are at odds with one another because Freud is utterly adversary to almost all the ways of structuring the human experience found in Western religions. No Western religion can countenance Freud’s view of man."
- "But today we become aware of other readings of the human experience very quickly because of the media and the speed with which people travel the planet."
More In Experience
- "I have this horrible sense of humor where I think discomfort is funny – partly because I experience discomfort a lot, and it’s a way of laughing at it and getting a release."― Joaquin Phoenix
- "In our society, daily experience teaches the individual to want and need a never-ending supply of new toys and drugs."― Christopher Lasch
- "A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in the experience."― Elbert Hubbard