More From Chaim Potok
- "And these two elements are at odds with one another because Freud is utterly adversary to almost all the ways of structuring the human experience found in Western religions. No Western religion can countenance Freud’s view of man."
- "But today we become aware of other readings of the human experience very quickly because of the media and the speed with which people travel the planet."
- "A book is sent out into the world, and there is no way of fully anticipating the responses it will elicit. Consider the responses called forth by the Bible, Homer, Shakespeare – let alone contemporary poetry or a modern novel."
More In Experience
- "People think your success is just a matter of having a pretty face. But it’s easy to be chewed up and spat out. You’ve got to stay ahead of the game to be able to stay in it."― Kate Moss
- "I read Freud’s Introductory Lectures in Psychoanalysis in basically one sitting. I decided to enroll in medical school. It was almost like a conversion experience."― Stanislav Grof
- "Judgment comes from experience – and experience comes from bad judgment."― Walter Wriston