More From Carter G. Woodson
- "In our so-called democracy we are accustomed to give the majority what they want rather than educate them to understand what is best for them."
- "I am ready to act, if I can find brave men to help me."
- "And thus goes segregation which is the most far-reaching development in the history of the Negro since the enslavement of the race."
More In Education
- "Do I dare set forth here the most important, the most useful rule of all education? It is not to save time, but to squander it."― Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "A fool and his money are soon parted."― Thomas Tusser
- "So I went to English school, secondary English school, so forget going to Mecca for my religious education."― Abdullah Ahmad Badawi