More From Carter G. Woodson
- "The large majority of the Negroes who have put on the finishing touches of our best colleges are all but worthless in the development of their people."
- "And thus goes segregation which is the most far-reaching development in the history of the Negro since the enslavement of the race."
- "Those who have no record of what their forebears have accomplished lose the inspiration which comes from the teaching of biography and history."
More In Education
- "We sat together as a family for dinner at night. And my mother had a job. My dad had a job. But there was always a meal on the table at 6:00, you know."― Trisha Yearwood
- "Education: the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent."― John Maynard Keynes
- "I had had a classical education prior to that."― Skitch Henderson