More From Carter G. Woodson
- "If a race has no history, if it has no worthwhile tradition, it becomes a negligible factor in the thought of the world, and it stands in danger of being exterminated."
- "The large majority of the Negroes who have put on the finishing touches of our best colleges are all but worthless in the development of their people."
- "The strongest bank in the United States will last only so long as the people will have sufficient confidence in it to keep their money there."
More In Education
- "Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."― Bertrand Russell
- "I think through education, belief in God, and good engineering, our children become a lot better at what they’re doing than we did, and that starts with the very first sign of life on the face of this earth."― Evel Knievel
- "In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad."― Friedrich Nietzsche