More From Bell Hooks
- "No other group in America has so had their identity socialized out of existence as have black women… When black people are talked about the focus tends to be on black men; and when women are talked about the focus tends to be on white women."
- "For me, forgiveness and compassion are always linked: how do we hold people accountable for wrongdoing and yet at the same time remain in touch with their humanity enough to believe in their capacity to be transformed?"
- "The political core of any movement for freedom in the society has to have the political imperative to protect free speech."
More In Travel
- "Then, after the war it was impossible to travel, after so many years of Hitler and Stalin."― Gyorgy Ligeti
- "If I don’t need the money, I don’t work. I’m going to spend time with my family and friends, and I’m going to travel and read and listen to music and try to learn a little bit more about how to be a human being, as opposed to learning how to be somebody else."― James Spader
- "Traveling is seeing; it is the implicit that we travel by."― Cynthia Ozick