More From Bell Hooks
- "Many spiritual teachers – in Buddhism, in Islam – have talked about first-hand experience of the world as an important part of the path to wisdom, to enlightenment."
- "No other group in America has so had their identity socialized out of existence as have black women… When black people are talked about the focus tends to be on black men; and when women are talked about the focus tends to be on white women."
- "Death is with you all the time; you get deeper in it as you move towards it, but it’s not unfamiliar to you. It’s always been there, so what becomes unfamiliar to you when you pass away from the moment is really life."
More In Forgiveness
- "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."― Mark Twain
- "Forgiveness is the final form of love."― Reinhold Niebuhr
- "Forgiveness is not a feeling – it’s a decision we make because we want to do what’s right before God. It’s a quality decision that won’t be easy and it may take time to get through the process, depending on the severity of the offense."― Joyce Meyer