More From Barack Obama
- "Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and the war on terrorism have reduced the pace of military transformation and have revealed our lack of preparation for defensive and stability operations. This Administration has overextended our military."
- "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I, therefore, intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt."
- "I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we’ve struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We’ve made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions."
More In Change
- "Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world."― Alan Rickman
- "If there is no struggle, there is no progress."― Frederick Douglass
- "I don’t believe in the after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear."― Woody Allen