More From Aung San Suu Kyi
- "What does Burma have to give the United States? We can give you the opportunity to engage with people who are ready and willing to change a society."
- "The history of the world shows that peoples and societies do not have to pass through a fixed series of stages in the course of development."
- "Democracy is when the people keep a government in check."
More In Age
- "I came back to work when my children were two months old. At that early age, they seem to have little awareness of anybody but their Raggedy Ann dolls, so it wasn’t a matter of them missing me. I was missing them."― Jane Pauley
- "You know what makes me feel old? When I see girls who are 20-something, or the new crop of actresses, and think, Aren’t we kind of the same age?"― Jennifer Aniston
- "Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young."― Dorothy Canfield Fisher