More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Enthusiasm – a distemper of youth, curable by small doses of repentance in connection with outward applications of experience."
- "Clairvoyant, n.: A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron – namely, that he is a blockhead."
- "Wit – the salt with which the American humorist spoils his intellectual cookery by leaving it out."
More In Hope
- "Anarchy is the only slight glimmer of hope."― Mick Jagger
- "Structure is one of the things that I always hope will reveal itself to me."― Richard Russo
- "I believe in a religion that believes in freedom. Any time I have to accept a religion that won’t let me fight a battle for my people, I say to hell with that religion."― Malcolm X