More From Alan Dershowitz
- "You know, it’s ironic to me that Christians want to keep the Ten Commandments in our schools, because Christianity has abrogated four of the Ten Commandments. For example, the Sabbath day according to the Ten Commandments is Saturday, not Sunday. And the reason is because God rested, not because Jesus was resurrected."
- "I’ve thought hard about my psychological connections and I think I’ve managed to separate out the psychological from the legal, moral, and political."
- "I think that lawyers are terrible at admitting that they’re wrong. And not just admitting it; also realizing it. Most lawyers are very successful, and they think that because they’re making money and people think well of them, they must be doing everything right."
More In Freedom
- "Obedience is detachment from the self. This is the most radical detachment of all. But what is the self? The self is the principle of reason and responsibility in us. It is the root of freedom, it is what makes us men."― Bede Griffiths
- "Any one who wants to live in peace and freedom will be to live by toil, demonstration of high levels of discipline and tolerance for one another."― Yahya Jammeh
- "Now, do I think there has to be shared sacrifice among other nations in the world who want a stable and secure world? Absolutely, there has to be. But I don’t think that America can ever abdicate its leadership role in the world because of who we are and where we’ve come from. We are the symbol for the world for freedom and liberty."― Chris Christie