More From Xun Zi
- "Therefore, a person should first be changed by a teacher’s instructions, and guided by principles of ritual. Only then can he observe the rules of courtesy and humility, obey the conventions and rules of society, and achieve order."
- "Quarreling over food and drink, having neither scruples nor shame, not knowing right from wrong, not trying to avoid death or injury, not fearful of greater strength or of greater numbers, greedily aware only of food and drink – such is the bravery of the dog and boar."
- "Music is a fantastic peacekeeper of the world, it is integral to harmony, and it is a required fundamental of human emotion."
More In Society
- "The 1960s were about releasing ourselves from conventional society and freeing ourselves."― Yoko Ono
- "The key to organizing an alternative society is to organize people around what they can do, and more importantly, what they want to do."― Abbie Hoffman
- "A society that has made “nostalgia” a marketable commodity on the cultural exchange quickly repudiates the suggestion that life in the past was in any important way better than life today."― Christopher Lasch