More From Wynton Marsalis
- "When did we begin to lose faith in our ability to effect change?"
- "I believed in studying just because I knew education was a privilege. It was the discipline of study, to get into the habit of doing something that you don’t want to do."
- "People have taken time out of their day and spent their money to come sit down at a concert. And it’s jazz music-it’s not easy for them to get to it. I don’t want them ever to feel that I’m taking their presence lightly."
More In Education
- "My parents had an old-fashioned ideal of college, that four years at a liberal arts college should be a liberal arts education."― Julie Bowen
- "No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education."― Plato
- "I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think."― Anne Sullivan