More From Woodrow Wilson
- "The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy."
- "We have not given science too big a place in our education, but we have made a perilous mistake in giving it too great a preponderance in method in every other branch of study."
- "I have long enjoyed the friendship and companionship of Republicans because I am by instinct a teacher, and I would like to teach them something."
More In Leadership
- "Now, if we look at the way in which the labor movement itself has evolved over the last couple of decades, we see increasing numbers of black people who are in the leadership of the labor movement and this is true today."― Angela Davis
- "Women complain about PMS, but I think of it as the only time of the month when I can be myself."― Roseanne Barr
- "I had a sense of what leadership meant and what it could do for you. So am I surprised that I am sitting up here on the 62nd floor of Rockefeller Plaza? No."― Vernon Jordan