More From William James
- "The sway of alcohol over mankind is unquestionably due to its power to stimulate the mystical faculties of human nature, usually crushed to earth by the cold facts and dry criticisms of the sober hour."
- "The history of philosophy is to a great extent that of a certain clash of human temperaments."
- "This life is worth living, we can say, since it is what we make it."
More In Attitude
- "Our spiritual attitude is determined by our conception of our relation to infinite spirit."― Paul Twitchell
- "Nothing. We’re all friends and friendly. So when the cameras go down, depending on the mood or the nature of the material we’re dealing with, there’s usually a kind of a prevailing light attitude that’s floating around."― Richard Dean Anderson
- "The attitude of the actor is his interpretation of what he reads, and the written word is what creates the role in the actor’s mind, and I guess in reading the things that were given to me, I reacted as you guys saw me, you know."― Gene Barry