More From William J. Brennan, Jr.
- "The Framers of the Bill of Rights did not purport to “create” rights. Rather, they designed the Bill of Rights to prohibit our Government from infringing rights and liberties presumed to be preexisting."
- "Appellant constituted a legitimate class of one, and this provides a basis for Congress’s decision to proceed with dispatch with respect to his materials."
- "There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes."
More In Society
- "We’re in a period where society seems very attracted to flash, and that seeps into people’s musical taste."― K. D. Lang
- "America’s a very traumatized society."― Alanis Morissette
- "I can walk about London and see a society that seems an absolutely revolutionary change from the 1950s, that seems completely and utterly different, and then I can pick up on something where you suddenly see that it’s not."― Penelope Lively