More From William J. Brennan, Jr.
- "There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes."
- "Congress acknowledged that society’s accumulated myths and fears about disability and disease are as handicapping as are the physical limitations that flow from actual impairment."
- "The Framers of the Bill of Rights did not purport to “create” rights. Rather, they designed the Bill of Rights to prohibit our Government from infringing rights and liberties presumed to be preexisting."
More In Respect
- "I have enormous respect for Tom Daschle. The NRA has not yet taken a formal position on which I’m aware of on this matter, and I think Tom may be just getting a little ahead of things."― John Dingell
- "Another important aspect of our home was respect for ideas."― Robert B. Laughlin
- "We were united not only by political respect for each other, but also by deep mutual sympathy as people."― Helmut Kohl