More From William Hague
- "The Bill of Rights was intended to secure freedom of speech – the freedom of speech of members of parliament to speak freely rather than be at threat of… the threat of an over powerful monarch at the time."
- "Governments that block the aspirations of their people, that steal or are corrupt, that oppress and torture or that deny freedom of expression and human rights should bear in mind that they will find it increasingly hard to escape the judgement of their own people, or where warranted, the reach of international law."
- "To the teacher weighed down with paperwork, I say: you’ve been messed around too often. You came into teaching to spend your time teaching children not filling in forms."
More In Respect
- "One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say."― Bryant H. McGill
- "I thought perhaps it should be recognized that religious people, including fundamentalists, are quite intelligent, many of them are highly educated, and they should be treated with complete respect."― E. O. Wilson
- "I like cinema audiences. I respect them, and I talk to them just like I would anybody I know."― Roland Joffe