More From William Graham Sumner
- "It is the tendency of the social burdens to crush out the middle class, and to force society into an organization of only two classes, one at each social extreme."
- "The waste of capital, in proportion to the total capital, in this country between 1800 and 1850, in the attempts which were made to establish means of communication and transportation, was enormous."
- "Moreover, there is an unearned increment on capital and on labor, due to the presence, around the capitalist and the laborer, of a great, industrious, and prosperous society."
More In Dreams
- "I want to promote poetry to the point where you got all the baldhead kids running around doing poetry, getting the music out of the way and having only words, the spoken word, and then see what happens."― Russell Simmons
- "Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything."― Dave Matthews
- "The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can’t wake up."― David Herbert Lawrence