More From William Graham Sumner
- "Moreover, there is an unearned increment on capital and on labor, due to the presence, around the capitalist and the laborer, of a great, industrious, and prosperous society."
- "The forgotten man… He works, he votes, generally he prays, but his chief business in life is to pay."
- "It is remarkable that jealousy of individual property in land often goes along with very exaggerated doctrines of tribal or national property in land."
More In Dreams
- "Well, the thing about great fictional characters from literature, and the reason that they’re constantly turned into characters in movies, is that they completely speak to what makes people human."― Keira Knightley
- "I feel more influenced in my own work by dreams than I do by other writers’ works in a way. Or by popular culture, movies – what else is there to write about than love and loss?"― Alice Hoffman
- "The buildings that I build very often have a dreamlike reality. I don’t mean by that they have a fantasy quality at all, in fact quite the reverse. They contain in some degree the ingredients that give dreams their power… stuff that’s very close to us."― Christopher Alexander