More From William E. Gladstone
- "There should be a sympathy with freedom, a desire to give it scope, founded not upon visionary ideas, but upon the long experience of many generations within the shores of this happy isle, that in freedom you lay the firmest foundations both of loyalty and order."
- "We look forward to the time when the power to love will replace the love of power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace."
- "Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic."
More In Legal
- "Italy advocates the adoption of a legal instrument on cultural diversity, guaranteeing every country the protection of its own historical identity and the uniqueness of its physical and intangible cultural heritage."― Carlo Azeglio Ciampi
- "I add this, that rational ability without education has oftener raised man to glory and virtue, than education without natural ability."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "I dealt with legal questions in the interest of Adolf Hitler and the NSDAP and its members during the difficult years of struggle for the victory of the Movement."― Hans Frank