More From William C. Bryant
- "Poetry is that art which selects and arranges the symbols of thought in such a manner as to excite the imagination the most powerfully and delightfully."
- "Weep not that the world changes – did it keep a stable, changeless state, it were cause indeed to weep."
- "A sculptor wields The chisel, and the stricken marble grows To beauty."
More In Nature
- "It is our job above all in politics to tackle the big issues and to explain them, and have the honesty to say to people, ‘There are no easy solutions here.’"― Malcolm Turnbull
- "I am in the habit of looking not so much to the nature of a gift as to the spirit in which it is offered."― Robert Louis Stevenson
- "God, that all-powerful Creator of nature and architect of the world, has impressed man with no character so proper to distinguish him from other animals, as by the faculty of speech."― Quintilian