More From William Blake
- "The glory of Christianity is to conquer by forgiveness."
- "The man who never in his mind and thoughts travel’d to heaven is no artist."
- "What is a wife and what is a harlot? What is a church and what is a theatre? are they two and not one? Can they exist separate? Are not religion and politics the same thing? Brotherhood is religion. O demonstrations of reason dividing families in cruelty and pride!"
More In Men
- "When I was a boy, the Sioux owned the world. The sun rose and set on their land; they sent ten thousand men to battle. Where are the warriors today? Who slew them? Where are our lands? Who owns them?"― Sitting Bull
- "We must make it clear that a platform of ‘I hate gay men and women’ is not a way to become president of the United States."― Jimmy Carter
- "As a theoretical physicist, I feel at once proud and humble at the thought of the illustrious figures that have preceded me here to receive the greatest of all honors in science, the Nobel prize."― Murray Gell-Mann