More From Will Rogers
- "Don’t gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don’t go up, don’t buy it."
- "America is becoming so educated that ignorance will be a novelty. I will belong to the select few."
- "Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate, now what’s going to happen to us with both a House and a Senate?"
More In History
- "Brevity is the best recommendation of speech, whether in a senator or an orator."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "When you think of how history is revealed, we know certain things to be facts at certain periods of time, which turn out not to be so factual as time marches on."― John Malkovich
- "All objects, all phases of culture are alive. They have voices. They speak of their history and interrelatedness. And they are all talking at once!"― Camille Paglia