More From Will Durant
- "Nature has never read the Declaration of Independence. It continues to make us unequal."
- "To say nothing, especially when speaking, is half the art of diplomacy."
- "To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say."
More In Age
- "Not just in commerce but in the world of ideas too our age is putting on a veritable clearance sale. Everything can be had so dirt cheap that one begins to wonder whether in the end anyone will want to make a bid."― Soren Kierkegaard
- "Not to expose your true feelings to an adult seems to be instinctive from the age of seven or eight onwards."― George Orwell
- "The Russians feared Ike. They didn’t fear me."― Lyndon B. Johnson