More From Whitney Houston
- "When I decided to be a singer, my mother warned me I’d be alone a lot. Basically we all are. Loneliness comes with life."
- "I wanted to be a teacher. I love children, so I wanted to deal with children. Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. But by the age of ten or eleven, when I opened my mouth and said, ‘Oh, God, what’s this?’ I kind of knew teaching and being a veterinarian were gonna have to wait."
- "God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?"
More In Beauty
- "I’ve learned that every working mom is a superwoman."― Uma Thurman
- "My personal belief is that you carry your own water in a relationship. If you see a girl and you think she’s hot, that’s a very human reaction, but you don’t go and tell your spouse that, you know? So in one way it’s how you behave."― Mark Ruffalo
- "But my most favourite pursuit, after my daily exertions at the Foundry, was Astronomy. There were frequently clear nights when the glorious objects in the Heavens were seen in most attractive beauty and brilliancy."― James Nasmyth