More From Wendell Phillips
- "What is defeat? Nothing but education. Nothing but the first step to something better."
- "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty; power is ever stealing from the many to the few."
- "You can always get the truth from an American statesman after he has turned seventy, or given up all hope of the Presidency."
More In History
- "If good history is dispassionate history, it must naturally wait until the passions of the period subside."― James Buchan
- "If the history of the past fifty years teaches us anything, it is that peace does not follow disarmament – disarmament follows peace."― Bernard Baruch
- "The pop world is cool, but I never really thought of myself as part of it or wanting to be a part of it because I’m on a label that’s not really like that. They’re not trying to dress me up, they’re not trying to do things like that. I feel like I’m sort of separate from that, actually."― Norah Jones