More From Walter Scott
- "Look back, and smile on perils past."
- "Teach you children poetry; it opens the mind, lends grace to wisdom and makes the heroic virtues hereditary."
- "The race of mankind would perish did they cease to aid each other. We cannot exist without mutual help. All therefore that need aid have a right to ask it from their fellow-men; and no one who has the power of granting can refuse it without guilt."
More In Attitude
- "The more sympathy you give, the less you need."― Malcolm Forbes
- "Civil marriage, like all civil rights provided by the government, must be provided equally to all Americans."― Todd Jealous
- "Most of my arguments with musicians through the years have had more to do with their attitude about music, or their attitude about their own lives, or their personal responsibility. Music has never really been the big centerpiece of the fight."― Billy Corgan