More From Wallace Stevens
- "To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."
- "In the world of words, the imagination is one of the forces of nature."
- "Intolerance respecting other people’s religion is toleration itself in comparison with intolerance respecting other people’s art."
More In Nature
- "I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself."― Edward Steichen
- "Whenever nature leaves a hole in a person’s mind, she generally plasters it over with a thick coat of self-conceit."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "I was born in Norway, and when I was little I went to live in Detroit, Michigan. My father was a professor of philosophy at Wayne University, and my mother was also a teacher."― Marta Kristen