More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "A man marries to have a home, but also because he doesn’t want to be bothered with sex and all that sort of thing."
- "The world in general doesn’t know what to make of originality; it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought, and its first reaction is one of anger."
- "Old age is ready to undertake tasks that youth shirked because they would take too long."
More In Age
- "Love has no age, no limit; and no death."― John Galsworthy
- "It is with an old love as it is with old age a man lives to all the miseries, but is dead to all the pleasures."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Our scientific age demands that we provide definitions, measurements, and statistics in order to be taken seriously. Yet most of the important things in life cannot be precisely defined or measured. Can we define or measure love, beauty, friendship, or decency, for example?"― Dennis Prager