More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "If you don’t change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
- "It is not true that suffering ennobles the character; happiness does that sometimes, but suffering for the most part, makes men petty and vindictive."
- "We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."
More In Success
- "The making of friends who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man’s success in life."― Edward Everett Hale
- "Everything you need for better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library."― Henri Frederic Amiel
- "The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people."― Theodore Roosevelt