More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all."
- "The love that lasts longest is the love that is never returned."
- "Old age is ready to undertake tasks that youth shirked because they would take too long."
More In Change
- "We had such a wonderful set of circumstances in Wilmington. Yes, the four of us became famous literally overnight, but we were in a small town and we always knew when people were coming down. We always knew when to behave."― Katie Holmes
- "The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change."― Carl Rogers
- "I haven’t got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out."― David Sedaris