More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."
- "Marriage is a very good thing, but I think it’s a mistake to make a habit out of it."
- "Death doesn’t affect the living because it has not happened yet. Death doesn’t concern the dead because they have ceased to exist."
More In Home
- "When it comes to developing character strength, inner security and unique personal and interpersonal talents and skills in a child, no institution can or ever will compare with, or effectively substitute for, the home’s potential for positive influence."― Stephen Covey
- "I’m not one of those famous people flying round the world emoting over every catastrophe. I’m too feeble."― Kristin Scott Thomas
- "In high school, a teacher once suggested that I be a math major in college. I thought, ‘Me? You’ve got to be joking!’ I mean, in junior high, I used to come home and cry because I was so afraid of my math homework. Seriously, I was terrified of math."― Danica McKellar